ARRS 2021 Rogers Fellowship Application
Lee F. Rogers International Fellowship in Radiology Journalism
The Fellow is awarded a maximum of $12,000 USD to cover travel expenses related to the Fellowship. The funding is awarded at the end of the Fellowship after the Fellow has submitted the required expense reports and receipts.
About the Award
ARRS offers an annual fellowship in radiology journalism. Radiologists practicing outside the U.S. and Canada are eligible for the Rogers Fellowships every year. Applicants must be a member of the ARRS when the application is submitted and for the duration of the fellowship. Rogers Fellowships are announced in December of each year. The fellowships must be completed within a year. The purpose of this award is:
1. To stimulate bright, promising radiologists to continue with an academic career, enhance their credentials, and stimulate interest in good radiology journalism.
2. To improve the quality of radiology journals by teaching the fundamentals of medical journalism, train manuscript reviewers and future editors, and provide core teachers of medical journalism in radiology departments around the country.
The fellowship will take place from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021. The Fellow will:
1. Participate in a three-day visit to ARRS headquarters in Leesburg, Virginia, USA, to meet and work with the AJR Editor in Chief and publication staff
2. Participate in the ARRS 2021 Annual Meeting, where the Fellow will present the AJR Year in Review course with the Figley Fellow
3. Attend the annual Editor’s Forum (Optional)
1. Be a current ARRS member at the time the Society Rogers Fellow application is submitted and for the duration of the Fellowship. Membership applications will not be accepted in conjunction with Fellowship application materials. The ARRS membership must already be established.
2. Earned MD or DO (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
3. Completion of all required residency and fellowship training
4. Ability to complete the Fellowship within the indicated timeframe
1. Letter outlining goals during the Fellowship
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Letter of recommendation from department chair
4. Letter of recommendation from one other senior person
************* Application materials must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20, 2020.*************